Of all the components of your home or business, the roof is perhaps the most critical of them all when it comes to protecting your structures. So, when it comes to finding a roofer to take care of your roof you need to have someone you know you can trust. If you are looking for a commercial roofer in Woodridge IL here are some points to keep in mind:
1. Have everything written down and always keep all records, forms, and papers for your record in case anything goes wrong during the work- never let work begin without a written and signed contract.
2. Get estimates from several contractors and compare them before you make any final selections or decisions on who you want to work with.
3. Ask for the references from past customers and contact them yourself- this is the best way to make sure you are working with a contractor who is legit and not running a scam operation.
4. Ask to see proof that the contractor is licensed, insured, and legal to work in your area- using someone not properly authorized and covered can spell disaster for you if something goes wrong and someone gets hurt or property gets damaged while they are doing your work.
5. Never pay up front for the full work- a small percentage as a down payment is fine so the contractor can buy materials to begin the work- but the full payment should never be given upfront to the contractor.
6. Keep the last payment as a type of insurance policy and only release it when the work is done and you have signed off on the work and that you are satisfied with the work.
7. Get the work checked by a professional once everything is done to ensure all codes and regulations have been met and properly upheld.
8. Be smart and use common sense to protect your business!
Having roof work done is a big job, so make sure you put in the time and effort that is necessary to find the best roofer for the work you need done! If you are looking for a commercial roofer in Woodridge IL give Showalter Roofing Services a call and see what they can do for you!